Published on Thursday 17 July 2014 in Pickup Truck Leasing
Deciding on what pickup truck you should buy or lease can be a tricky process. We have a variety of vehicles available so we understand that it can be difficult to differentiate between model and manufacturer. To help you with this process, we have put together a guide on what you need to consider before buying or leasing a pickup truck.
Vehicle or Model
It obviously helps if you've got an idea of the manufacturer, model and size you prefer, but if you don't then ask yourself the following questions to source the best option for you.
- What will it be used for? If you need extra storage then you'll need a pickup truck like the Nissan Navara Visia that can accommodate this safely, rather than choosing a one with minimal space.
- Do you want and or need any specific features? It's important to consider why you need the vehicle so that you can identify your specific needs regarding features. We suggest you prioritise features that are most important to you.
- What type of cab do you want? We have a range of cabs available, from single to double and even king. Sometimes getting a larger cab means just getting more space, like the Ford Ranger XL but there are other models like the Nissan Navara Acenta king cab that also features cruise control, heated door mirrors and dual climate control.
- How comfortable does it need to be? You should measure comfort levels on how often you are going to be using your pickup, for what length of time, for what job, and if it is solely going to be you. If you are not going to be using your pickup truck often or for a long period of time, having a tilt adjustable steering wheel won't be as important as a height adjustable seat.
- Do you have a preference of manufacturer or model? We offer a range of vehicles from six different manufacturers, and so a preference of manufacturer or model can make the process of buying or leasing easier.
In order to determine the accessories you need it is best to refer back to the overall purpose of the vehicle. If you are carrying electrical goods then your priority might be a lockable cover. Similarly, if you are going to be reversing with a restricted view, you might consider parking sensors a necessity. Ultimately, you need to be clear on the purpose of your pickup truck before you go ahead with buying or leasing.
We offer three finance options:
- Contract hire - Perfect if use for a fixed period is more important than ownership.
- Finance lease - Benefit of owning your own pickup truck whilst building equity.
- Contract purchase - Cost effective way of purchasing a vehicle over a pre-agreed term.
If you would like to know more about our three finance products, go here to read more and identify which one will work best for you.
It is also essential that you decide on a monthly budget, and you must be realistic with this if you want to reap the cost effective benefits.
Getting the right vehicle to meet your needs will save you money in the long run, so make sure you are aware of the costs of running a pickup truck. If you need help, check out our running cost calculator.
Our team are here to help you find the perfect pickup truck for when you need it. However, it's worth noting that availability across the year will vary between manufacturers, so the sooner you contact us the sooner we can meet your needs. But bear in mind that custom specs will take longer to arrange! If you have any questions, please contact us.