Personal Contract Hire (PCH) is a perfect product for an individual who wants fixed cost motoring and is confident about the mileage and condition of the pickup vehicle over a set period of time.
It is an easy and cost effective way to finance vehicles, it enables you to control one of your biggest expenses. PCH is available with or without a maintenance package, which offers fixed cost motoring with no hidden extras.
Personal Contract Hire is similar to Business Contract Hire. However, as an individual you will not be able to recover any VAT or take advantage of any tax allowance.
- Low deposit and low monthly rentals; one of the most cost effective options if you need full use of a vehicle but don't require final ownership
- No need to deplete your savings
Allows you to change your vehicle more often
- Fixed cost motoring with the option to add maintenance
- You can hire a new vehicle for the price of an old one
- Access to fleet related discounts
- No depreciation risks
- You will need to accurately estimate the time and mileage for the use of the vehicle
- The cost to early terminate the contract can be expensive
- If the vehicle goes over their agreed mileage allowance, excess mileage will be charged for each mile over that is stated in their contract
- You must look after the vehicle and return in a well maintained condition, if not you will be charged for any damage over and above as stated in the 'Fair Wear and Tear Guide'
- There is no option to own the vehicle at the end of the contract
- No benefit from equity build up
This would suit customers who:
Wants a more expensive vehicle than their budget would normally allow.
Wants to avoid the risk of depreciation and maintenance costs.
Wants fixed cost, stress free motoring.
Are not worried about owning a vehicle.